Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Jolly Green Giant

I am having a lot of fun this year with our small garden. So far the tomatos are doing as well as any I've ever done so I'm excited about the "crop" that is coming in. Here is a small tour to whet your appetite for these sweet red juicy tomatos. Angie and Jeff have both said they will try these....it will change there lives. A vine ripened tomato is nothing like those you get in the store....trust me.


These are the 5 plants on the east 40. You can see the little
tomatos on there. They will get much larger....I hope. At least sofball sized.

Here is Farmer Mick out inspecting the crop for weeds and bugs.


Here are a couple of my vollyball sized greenies that will be huge when they get rip in a couple of weeks. Delicious.



Here is Farmer Mag showing off my crop. She is smaller than the plant.



This is the squash, and pumpking plant as well as the two tomato plants on the
west side of the yard.



This one is for Joy and Grant. Can you two find the pumpkin that is in this picture.
It is there, but I kind of hid it. It is about the size of a volleyball but won't get much bigger.
Growing a garden is fun and I recommend it. This year we will actually get something.
Love,
The Jolly Green Farmer from Littleton





4 comments:

Goose said...

Dad, I ain't no farmer, but I do know that you better watch out where you stand. That kind of weight could kill a tomato plant.

Danalin said...

Looks so nice, Mick! Did Margaret ever show you the picture she took of our tomato plants on steroids?! We think that's what happened - we went on vacation and had our neighbor water the garden for us. He must have slipped in some type of plant steroid because we came back to a tomato plant mountain! I will post pictures soon, although our garden (as Ty mentioned last night) has suffered from the Washingtonian Slugs. Plus our yard is about 1/4 the size of yours. But we did the best we could with what we had and I think we'll be supplying the neighborhood with juicy tomatoes here in a couple of weeks! :)

I am excited for Jeff and Angie to eat some of those tomatoes. It will truly change their life for the better! :) Beautiful garden, Mick!

Mark said...

Nice garden, nice tomaters. I'm sure my love of gardening stems from you and mom's passion for it. Plus, I think we must have some vestigial agricultural gene within us . . . a remnant from our Tennessee forebears.

But with all due respect, my garden puts yours to shame. No offense.

Dad said...

Admittedly your garden is stupendous in its scope and the breadth of products you grow. However, you ain't no tomotos the size of softballs. They are beautiful. Had one on a hamburger last night and it was stupendous.

Dad