Friday, June 01, 2007

Ad Bad Boy

We just Addie off and he is on his way back to Provo. We will definitely miss having Addie around. Besides being my right hand man for the last month. (he calls it free labor), Adam has been a real source of delight while he has been here.

Here is a man who has been hacked on more than the Texas Chainsaw murders and he has
not once let on how discouraged he might be. I think this is partly due to his nature which is to be an upbeat person in his life. But just as much is I think he has an amazing ability to see the bright side of things and be happy with the cards he is dealt. The ultimate man who gets a lemon and makes lemonade out of it. I love that about Addie and have to say his being here has given me a spirtual boost that I greatly appreciate.

He taught a class on the atonement for me as WML and I have to say it was very, very powerful. He has great insight into the Gospel. He also went home teaching with me and uplifted my family and myself with his message.

We are all lucky to be have this young man to lean on when you want a boost in your spirit. He is just fun to be around and makes me a better person for being with him.

I know he probably is a tad tired of being home, but it brought back so many memories when we were all together that I just had to tell you all. I love our family and being around all of you is one of the joys of my life.

We have so much going on and you all are involved in your own lives and issues but I want you to know that my relationship with each of you is an anchor in my life.

Having Adam home has just reinforced something I already knew but need to think about a lot.

Why some young lady has not seen fit to fall in love with Addie is a mystery to me. He will make one fine husband, father and friend. Where is that young lady and what is she thinking?

I gave him my standard advice which he promply ignored. Date a lot, have a lot of fun, play hard to get, etc. It will happen...just not sure when.

We are all lucky to have such a fine man in the fam and I am so proud to call Addie my son and my friend.

Dad

7 comments:

Kristen said...

I agree that Adam makes people happy. I like having him around especially because he will take my side when Drew and I argue over UNO (most of the time). I get so excited when the whole family gets together because the Foster's are just good people, and people you want to be around. I feel very lucky to be part of this family:)

Goose said...

Dad its great that you love Adam so much and I think we all agree that he is a great man, but lets be honest, I am your favorite son:) With that said I have to say that Adam is one of the best men I know, and that they don't come much better....Heres to the Ad Bad Boy with the AD Bad Bod with the AD Bad Bad Bad Nose.

Jeff said...

Here, here. Addie is a fine man and a good bud. He will be a great doc, and really knows how to rock.

Wendi said...

Ad-Bad is a heckuva guy, a real sweetheart and a good looking chap, too -- I know the girl for him is out there, and he'll find her when the time is right. Go get 'em, Addie! :-)

Mark said...

Adam is a great guy, I'll give you that much.

He's the ultimate Right Hand Man, a man who can be counted on at all times and in all situations. A man who will rise from his comfortable seat at the dinner table to get another man a cold drink of milk, even though the other man could just as easily get it himself. In that sense, I guess that Adam is somewhat of a sucker, but he's a good-hearted sucker, and one you can count on to perform your menial little "inconveniences" at his own expense.

Just kidding, Ad. Your a great brother and human being, and we're glad to know you.

Now, could you bring me a cookie for my milk?

Tankfos said...

Dad,
Thanks for the tribute. I feel better about myself already. I am amazed at how being home for just a few weeks can re-energize me and have me ready to attack this summer. Thank you for the post and your friendship.

The Ad-Bad boy with the Ad-Bad bod and the Ad-Bad Bad Bad nose.

Danalin said...

I totally agree! Ad is one great bro-in-law and just a great person all-around.

Now, remember Mick that you always would say that about Ty - he's a great guy and wonder why he wasn't married yet. You told me that at our wedding reception. As you can see, everything worked out perfectly. I know that's what's going on for Ad. His future wife is on her mission or having some type of experience that is preparing her to marry such a great man! Not just any girl is worthy of our Addie.

Thanks for being so great, Ad! We in Washington sure love you!